Concentrating on Forestry Best Management Practices related to water quality, Mountain Island Educational State Forest is located on an important conservation easement. Mountain Island Lake, from which the forest takes its name, provides water for one out of every twelve residents of North Carolina.
Currently under construction, Mountain Island Educational State Forest will open for general public access in the near future.
- Duke Power Company
- Public Service North Carolina
- Trust for Public Land
- Clean Water Management Trust Fund of North Carolina
- Lincoln County Parks & Recreation
- Gaston County Parks & Recreation
- North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
- Lincoln County Natural Resources
- Catawba Lands Conservancy
- Gaston County Natural Resources
- Gaston County Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation
- Natural Resources Conservation Service